|Collecting Your DNA Sample is Easy|
There is no blood, no pain and no hassles!
Your test kit will contain three collection swabs, one bar-coded envelope, an easy-to-follow instruction sheet with your Terms and Conditions, a Specimen Information Form and a pre-paid mailer. Each test kit has an ID number that is completely unique to you to guarantee proper tracking and confidentiality.
Once you receive your test kit in the mail, just follow these simple steps to collect your DNA sample:
- Complete the Specimen Information Form.
- Initial your consent to the Terms and Conditions enclosed. Your DNA will not be processed without your consent. Please keep a copy of the Terms and Conditions for your records.
- Rinse out your mouth twice with water. Do not use mouthwash or toothpaste, drink coffee or alcohol, or smoke for at least THREE hours prior to swabbing your cheeks.
- Remove one cotton swab from the packaging.
- Roll swab firmly along inside of EACH of your cheeks, approximately twenty times per cheek.
- Place swab directly into the bar-coded envelope.
Please note: Your DNA is kept completely confidential. The laboratory receives your swab sample in the bar-coded envelope with no personal information included. Your sample is immediately destroyed once your results are determined.
- Repeat steps 4 – 6 with each cotton swab.
- Once all swabs are in the bar-coded envelope, seal the envelope. Let swabs dry in envelope for approximately 30 minutes.
- Place bar-coded envelope and the completed Specimen Information form in the pre-paid return envelope. Seal the envelope and mail. No postage is necessary in the U.S.
- Then, in approximately six weeks, you'll receive your results package. It’s that easy!