|Featured Partner: Be The Match|
Every day, thousands of patients with leukemia and other life-threatening diseases hope for a marrow donor who can make their transplant possible. 70% of patients do not have a donor in their family. They depend on the Be The Match Registry. They depend on people like you.
Patients are more likely to find donor matches within their own racial or ethnic background. For African Americans specifically, we have more genetic diversity than any other race. However, the number of black donors on the national registry is still low.
That's why African Ancestry is partnering with Be The Match to drive awareness and registration among the black community for this important cause. Registration is free, easy and painless (just a cheek swab).
As you search for your past, someone else is searching for a future. YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE!
Be The Match Registry is the new name of the National Marrow Donor Program Registry®. To find out more about the registry, how to join and why it is so important, visit www.BeTheMatch.org today.
African Ancestry is proud to partner with the following organizations:
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Sorority, Inc.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Embassy of Cameroon
- Embassy of Gabon
- Embassy of Sierra Leone
- Blacks in Government
- McDonalds Corporation
- Glory Foods
- Cracker Barrel
- The Continuum Project
- TV One
- The Africa Channel
- National Black Arts Festival
- Pan African Film & Arts Festival
- Step Afrika!
- Stanford University
- University of Maryland at Baltimore
- Howard University
- 100 Black Men of Washington, DC
- Road Scholar
- Operation HOPE
- Leon H. Sullivan Foundation
- Afro American Historical and Genealogical Society
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH)
- Gondobay Manga Foundation
- Israel Baptist Church (Washington, DC)
- Mt. Ennon Baptist Church (Clinton, MD)
- Ebenezer African Methodist Episcopal Church (Ft. Washington, MD)
- Metropolitan Community Church (Chicago, IL)
- Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church (Philadelphia, PA)
- St. Paul's Baptist Church (Richmond, VA)
- Trinity United Church of Christ (Chicago, IL)
- John Thompson III Foundation
- Matsimela Mapfumo, "Make It Plain" on SiriusXM Radio
- Shared Vision Marketing Agency
- Taylor Communications Group PR
- Globaleyes Productions
- Imagine Photography
- Photography by Leroy Hamilton
- Goldfire Productions
- Be The Match
- My African Diaspora
- Cocoa Savvy